Sunday, September 8, 2024

Punctuation is Important!

 One of the people who commented on my IWSG post mentioned how some people have stopped using punctuation. ๐Ÿ‘€ It's really important for clarity. Where you put it can turn the meaning 180 degrees!

Example #1

Dear John:

I want a man who knows what love is all about. You are generous, kind, thoughtful. People who are not like you admit to being useless and inferior. You have ruined me for other men. I yearn for you. I have no feelings whatsoever when we're apart. I can be forever happy--will you let me be yours?

Gloria


Example #2

Dear John:

I want a man who knows what love is. All about you are generous, kind, thoughtful people, who are not like you. Admit to being useless and inferior. You have ruined me. For other men, I yearn. For you, I have no feelings whatsoever. When we're apart, I can be forever happy. Will you let me be?

Yours,

Gloria




10 comments:

  1. Grammar can obviously save lives!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a really good example of punctuation and it's amusing too.

    Have a lovely day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the amusing part. lol I think the lesson stays with us better. :D

      Delete
  3. I blame talk to text. I've gotten long, rambling punctuation-free messages that I have the hardest time understanding.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? I was really happy when my youngest son turned into a gramma nazi even with texts.

      Delete
  4. Yeah. All it takes is something in the wrong spot and it can change everything.

    ReplyDelete

Comments brighten my day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...