Friday, August 16, 2024

I'm Irritated

 I noticed last week when I popped in here to check on something that I got a white screen. Now, I have my author domain (donnakweaver.com) linked to my blog (weavingataleortwo) so either would get you here.

I checked with my domain holder, and it appears the DNS something changed, and I have to get it from blogger for them to have my domain directed to the blog. Guess what? If you've had any experience with blogger support, it's nonexistent. 

It says they now handle issues on social media. I couldn't find them on X, and the Facebook page hasn't had post since 2020.

via GIPHY

So, if you access my page via http://donnakweaver.com, it won't work. You'll have to use this: https://weavingataleortwo.blogspot.com/

*sigh*

10 comments:

  1. Tranfering blog to a domain is often move that spells trouble, we had that one blogging friend who did that and her whole blog was erased LOL She managed to bring the blog itself back thanks to a hacker but she lost about a hundred posts she wrote in advance and scheduled to have posts for the whole year LOL She never returned to blogging after that.

    When I used that help and feedback question mark button at our dashboards they helped me before if the problem was there, but this they probably deem your problem, so better find a tech guy to help you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow. It's weird because it's been this way for years without a problem. Then suddenly, poof. The DNS was screwed.

      Delete
  2. I agree that blogger doesn't provide much support but like Dezmond I've used the help and feedback question mark and gotten help before.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mine is a domain but I've not had issues - yet. You won't get help from Blogger but the community might have answers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did leave a message on FB as they said I should. It's been crickets.

      Delete
  4. Oh wow. I can offer nothing but sympathy. If my blog ever goes astray, I'll be in a pickle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? Fortunately, it's has gone away so much as you can't get to it by typing in my domain name anymore.

      Delete
  5. It use to be so easy, but everyone is making it more difficult. If I understand it right, it used to work correctly and now is doesn't? 🤬

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep. One day I clicked the shortcut that takes me to the domain name and got a white screen. I got in touch with their support and they determined there was a problem with the DNS and I needed to get the info from Blogger. But they've been silent. Zero response.

      Delete

Comments brighten my day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...