Wednesday, July 6, 2022

IWSG - July 2022


Co-hosts for the July 6th:   J Lenni Dorner, Janet Alcorn, PJ Colando, Jenni Enzor, and Diane Burton!


Optional Question If you could live in any book world, which one would you choose?

This one's actually easy, though I do have two now. It used to be Pern, created by the amazing Anne McCaffrey. But Rowling's wizarding world supplanted it. I got pulled into it so much that I spent three years as a moderator at the Leaky Cauldron's forum, the Leaky Lounge during the crazy times before the release of the final book. I'm still online friends with the wonderful people I met on there.




18 comments:

  1. Sadly, Rowling is such a vile woman, cannot stand her, but Pern was nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It can be difficult when someone's world view differs from ours.

      Now I want to listen to the Pern series again!

      Delete
  2. Pern has been mentioned a couple times and Harry Potter many times. Popular choices.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have the technology now to do justice to a Pern movie. I wish someone would.

      Delete
  3. Both worlds are fantastic. If I had to choose between the two, I'd say Hogwarts is mine. Just because it's so recent and vivid in my mind.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good choices, Donna! I didn't know about Pern, but I'm going to dive in having heard it mentioned on a number of posts today. And I absolutely loved the Harry Potter books and world. I had to go with LOTR though, among others. Happy writing and reading in July!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I picked the Harry Potter world too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's a popular place to pretend live in!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Which makes sense when a story place captures your imagination.

      Delete
  7. Pern and Harry Potter are excellent choices! I love magic and dragons.
    And I just recovered from covid myself—was at a teacher conference with thousands, so no telling who started it, i just hope i didn’t pass it on as i traveled home. just a summer cold, but bleh!

    hope everyone is doing well!
    Tara Tyler Talks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Considering how contagious the newest variants are, I imagine a lot of people caught covid at the conference. Heal quickly!

      Delete
  8. Hogwarts is a very popular choice.

    ReplyDelete

Comments brighten my day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...