Monday, June 27, 2022

My wagon's draggin'

Well, it's been a little crazy here. Grandpa needed to have a valve fixed in his heart, so our oldest daughter flew out from Hawaii with three of her kids to see him before. And inadvertently brought Covid with them. The two family members remaining in Hawaii also tested positive. All but one of her family had it. None of the cases were severe. Just nasty. And they isolated downstairs. We played a lot of Minecraft with everyone, even those in Hawaii.

Fortunately with masking they were able to spend a little time with Grandpa, visit a few friends, eat in old favorite restaurants, and check out a few old haunts. The sweetest things was seeing cousins in person. I'm grateful for video chats, but it's just not the same thing as meeting in person.

For example, the granddaughter with the long, straight blonde hair is a beautiful artist. She draws all the time on her iPad. The little cousin the far right was captivated watching her do it. It was all she talked about, even when the families weren't together. That's something that wouldn't have happened if we hadn't all been together in the same place.



Unfortunately, the day they flew home, I tested positive. So, I've been isolating in my office. And neither hubby nor Grandpa have shown any symptoms. I'm hoping to be out and about again by tomorrow, but I'm guessing I'll move slowly. As is common with many people, I'm tired a lot. lol

Take care of yourselves and count the good things in your life!

11 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about all the trouble! I recommend you take some AHCC pills to recover your body from Covid.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The doc has me on Paxlovid, and it's really helped.

      Delete
  2. Sorry to hear your family got COVID and now you have it. But it sounds like a fun visit. I hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. We're going to Hawaii in August for my daughter's vow renewal. They eloped and are choosing to have their loved ones there this time so it's a thrill!

      Delete
  3. Sorry everyone got it. The latest variant is really going around right now. Soon everyone will have had it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah. My youngest son said the new variants are so contagious that it's kind of inevitable. At least they're weaker.

      Delete
  4. Ah Donna, that sucks so badly!!! To come clear over here, just to have covid swipe it all. Makes me crazy angry for you. I'm hoping for the best for you all, especially the one in surgery. Give them all Zen hugs for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It actually could have been worse. What if everyone had gotten sick for the vow renewal on August 8th? We'll take our blessings as they are, miserable as it's been.

      Delete
  5. sorry to hear about what happened! i hope everyone will get better soon
    take care and sending you hugs


    style frontier

    ReplyDelete

Comments brighten my day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...