Wednesday, December 4, 2019

IWSG - December 2019


Option Question:  Let's play a game. Imagine. Role-play. How would you describe your future writer self, your life and what it looks and feels like if you were living the dream? Or if you are already there, what does it look and feel like? Tell the rest of us. What would you change or improve?

On the 10th of December I will publish my 9th book this year. I'm tired. I kind of did an inadvertent fast-release but in different genres (time travel, billionaire, and historical western). It was a good experience because I learned a lot from the experience and really stretched as a writer.

But, I'd tell my future self not to put that kind of stress on myself unless I did it in a hot genre--ONE genre. lol

2020 is going to be a different year for me. How about you? Have you ever done the fast release? If so, did it work well for you? Are you living the dream?

14 comments:

  1. Wow, nine books in one year? That is incredible. I bet you are tired.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha Exactly! I'm lucky 3 of them have been novellas.

      Delete
  2. Wow. You have been one VERY busy lady!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh gosh, no. Never done a fast release - in the book world or anything else. LOL You are a true story champion. I mean it. I'm glad you learned things during this experience. Thank you for sharing them here.

    Have a wonderful holiday season!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good grief! I can't imagine writing that fast! (From that remark, you can deduce I am a slow writer, Lol.) Hat's off to you. I think you've earned a guilt-free rest for awhile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I dictate first draft which really speeds up the process.

      Delete
  5. Congrats on all your releases! I'm hoping for more time to write next year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. 9 is great indeed. Yeah, it can sure take a lot to get them out. Have to enjoy life too. Something it took me a bit to get used to along the way haha

    ReplyDelete
  7. Whoa! That is ultra-fast release. I'm so impressed. I was exhausted after releasing three books in 18 friggin months! You deserve a rest - and I'm sure you'll put that knowledge gained to good use.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nine books a year? That is more than I translated this year LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ditto what everyone else said, "Nine books?" That's pretty awesome. I bet you're tired.

    ReplyDelete
  10. what does it take to be a successful author ? I would say that initial reviews and marketing definitely boost your book. I used https://usabookreviewers.com/christmas-gift to get a few reviews and also promote my book. Hopping to be in the top 100 genre lists and see better sales this Christmas season…

    ReplyDelete

Comments brighten my day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...