Wednesday, December 6, 2017

IWSG - December 2017

Purpose: To share and encourage. Writers can express doubts and concerns without fear of appearing foolish or weak. Those who have been through the fire can offer assistance and guidance. It’s a safe haven for insecure writers of all kinds!
I did not win NaNo this year, but I'm not fussed about it. I got 31,000 words on the book I was working on (which is supposed to be a novella anyway) and got a start on another book scheduled to come out in March, plus the start of a Christmas short story.

How about you? 
Did you do NaNo? 
Did you win? 
Do you care? :D

I'm not feeling particularly angsty right now, just enjoying this time of year and all the "this is the last time I'll have to do this" things for my day job. The countdown is under four months now.


I'll be off the rest of the year, 
so I hope you have a joyous holiday season!

22 comments:

  1. Four months to freedom!
    That's still a great amount of words and I'm sure a healthy amount for your next story.
    Have a blessed Christmas, Donna.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome that you got so much written. Have a great holiday, Donna!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Christmas quote! Enjoy your holidays and stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. have magical holidays and enjoy the festive month! I'll be working all through the month and the holidays because bestselling writers always have to have their books published in January and Dezzy needs to translate them :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Freedom soon from the 9-5 grind sure must have you happy indeed. Awesome that you got so much written and started.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I finished at a little over 30k. That is 30k more than I had in October. And I have two new stories to work on!! November always motivates me for the holidays and new year. Hope you have a great Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  7. No NANO for me this year, as I was already neck-deep in a project nearing completion. 30k is nothing to sneeze at--congratulations, and happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Another project deadline is actually what kept me from winning, but it's all good.

      Delete
  8. Wow, it sounds like you were pretty productive nonetheless. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the Christmas quote! Enjoy the holidays. See you in 2018.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi--I'm new to IWSG and happy to meet you. I am also a romance writer, although as yet unpublished. Your output is incredible. Way to go. I will look into reading some of them.

    Happy holidays and best wishes for 2018.

    ReplyDelete
  11. NaNo No for me, but I did get a revised manuscript to my agent to get back out on sub and I'm now on draft 2 of a very exciting project. Happy Christmas to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have never attempted NaNo. I think your writing was a great success as it seems you accomplished the word count you were aiming for.

    Good luck with all those "lasts" :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. 31,000 words is awesome. It makes me so happy to see that the writers who did NaNo are okay with not winning because they did excellent anyway. Everyone who tries NaNo deserves a pat on the back. :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments brighten my day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...