Thursday, June 30, 2011

Grammar Humor

In preparation for tomorrow's Grammar Friday post, I submit a little humor:
A linguistics professor was lecturing to his class one day.

"In English," he said, "A double negative forms a positive. In some languages, though, such as Russian, a double negative is still a negative. However, there is no language wherein a double positive can form a negative."

A voice from the back of the room piped up, "Yeah, right."

(I would love to credit this but it was something I collected a bazillion years ago from an email that was making the rounds.)

10 comments:

  1. Cute, thanks for the laugh. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That one always makes me smile :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL. Cute. Thanks for getting my Thursday off right.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's awesome! The person in the audience was obviously wise beyond their years. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Who said college kids don't pay attention in class! Too funny :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness! i had to read that one twice. brain moving a bit slow so early in the morning. :) good one!

    ReplyDelete

Comments brighten my day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...