Friday, April 29, 2011

Blogging Challenge Y (words for Scrabble) -- and Harry Potter (there's a Y in his name)

It's been a long week, and I have a lot of stuff to do this weekend--like get my 15 page critique ready for Bootcamp at the Storymaker conference next week.

I'm glad we're nearly at the end of this blogging challenge. I certainly didn't know what I was getting myself into, but I'm glad I did it. It's been a challenge, and I've met a lot of lovely people.

I found this really fun site with words you can use when you play Scrabble. I want you to notice that the column to the left is for words that begin with Y, and the column to the right is for words that end in Y. I laughed when I immediately responded to all those to be avoided "ly" words.

Dang but this writing hobby is starting to impact my real life ... like another hobby I still cling to.

And speaking of that other hobby, check the new Deathly Hallows 2 Trailer. If you've read the books and know what happens, there are some poignant scenes in there.


All I can say is SQUEEE!

13 comments:

  1. Heh. I used to be involved in Mugglenet's forums quite a bit. I understand. ;)

    I just finally managed to finish watching Deathly Hallows part I yesterday. It was good... but they just don't do justice to the books. It seems like the directors are always more interested in setting up interesting looking shots than in actually sharing the plot. If I hadn't read the book I don't think I would have been able to follow the movie at all. Still, I'm looking forward to part II. More Snape! Squeee! Ahem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah looking forward to this - the first one was really good, wasn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gotta see it. Ivy (our youngest) is all ready talking about part two. She's a HP freak. Guess I'll join her on that quest. I'm challenged and now I'z tired. But glad I did it too. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Guys, I'm such an HP geek I've been a moderator at the Leaky Lounge for five years. I'll retire when things settle down after the release of this last movie. I wonder if I'll finally hit the 11,000 post mark. =D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Creative post, Donna. Thanks! I also love HP.
    Sad that it's coming to an end. :(
    Good job with the blogging challenge! :)
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stopping by via A-Z.

    Can't wait for the last Harry Potter, have seen the trailers a zillion times now :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck with your critique next week!

    I've really enjoyed the A to Z challenge and I shall miss it, though my WIPs will be pleased to see me back.

    Ellie Garratt

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the Scrabble tip and Harry Potter trailer. I can't wait for the last movie!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for visiting my blog, Donna - and good luck with your writing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. All I can say is SQUEEE with you!! It looks amazing!! :D :D
    Oh, and I'll be at Storymakers too! I'll look for you! :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Have fun at boot camp and the conference! I'm so glad the challenge is almost over, because I am fading fast. And I love Harry Potter!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That was an interesting link. :)

    One more day of the challenge? I don't know how you guys did it. Maybe I'll participate one day.

    ReplyDelete

Comments brighten my day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...