Friday, January 7, 2011

SQUEEEEE .... and Indecision

SQUEEEE!!!

Finally!

Finally I impleted the proof/edit of WIP #1. Another read through to simply pick up any typos left, and it would be ready to hand off to an editor for input and suggestions.

Except for one thing.

In Edit #4 I added a character and felt it necessary to remove another plotline because I was concerned the two didn't work well together. Some of the feedback from a few of my betas was that they really liked the plotline I removed. But I was unmoved.

Until the last couple of days. And now I'm thinkin' I may want to put it back.

This story will never end ...

3 comments:

  1. Listen to betas but trust your instincts more. This industry is so, so subjective. You'll never please everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I didn't really want to take the plotline out in the first place, Donna. But I was concerned it complicated things too much with the new character. I'm just finding I'm heading back to that first inclination. Anyway, at this point I may just have two versions of it. =D

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh... the fun of creating and recreating. i agree, go with your gut. if its seeming complicated to you its probably really complicated to the reader. i can't wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete

Comments brighten my day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...