Friday, December 10, 2010

In My Mailbox

From this post
I cannot keep from buying books anymore. I don't know what it is. I used to use my library all the time, but I can't seem to not order books. My collection continues to grow.

My latest Amazon delivery actually included three different media. The first was a newly released first book from one of my favorite authors (I have MANY), Patricia Briggs. I'm a really big fan of her Mercy Thompson and the Alpha & Omega series.










On an editorial comment, I don't like the covers for the Mercy books. My daughter Erin told me about them and said they were very good. They dress Mercy like a skanky ho, which she absolutely is not. She's a mechanic and dresses in jeans and t-shirts. Personally I question the wisdom of putting misleading covers on books. People who are looking for nickle nasties may be drawn to such a cover but will be disappointed when the character doesn't act like the cover implies. If you're like me and avoid the nickle nasties, you will avoid books with covers like that. I think it's stupid.

/endrant

Back to my delivery. Briggs's first book was called Masques. From her bio, it didn't sell well and she nearly quite writing. She's rereleased this first book and a sequel to it will be coming out on Tuesday.


I'm going to need to hurry and get it read, since Tuesday is also the release of the next to the last book in the Wheel of Time series, Towers of Midnight. Can't WAIT for Tuesday!













In my mail also came the DVD of The Scarlet Pimpernel with Anthony Andrews, Jane Seymour, and Ian McKellan. Love this version!

I also received a new Wii Game called Just Dance. Haven't had a chance to play it yet (for exercise, I hope) because I'm furiously trying to write up my outline for my NaNoWriMo project. I should be doing that rather than updating my blog. =D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments brighten my day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...