Wednesday, October 11, 2023

I Went on a Cruise! 🚢

 Last January, my hubby's brother's wife and I scheduled a cruise of the Eastern seaboard for October to see the fall covers. It's an early anniversary celebration, something we've been doing since our 25th anniversary (our 40th will be in January).

As I've mentioned here, two months later my hubby suffered four strokes. We didn't know if we would be able to go on the cruise, so it was a real blessing we could.

And what a busy cruise! We stopped in so many places and got to visit Prince Edward Island (PEI) which has been a literary bucket list destination since I fell in love with Lucy Maud Montgomery's Anne of Green Gables series. The island is lovely!

Relatives' Home that Inspired Green Gables (now a museum)

Outside of Charlottetown, there's so much rural beauty!

But we also visited historic sites in Boston, including Old Ironsides (USS Constitution). It's crazy to stand on a ship commission by George Washington! And it's still commissioned.

We even got to see a launch from Cape Canaveral. But I won't post the picture I took since it was really bad through dirty glass. lol

But it was a lovely time to get away and be grateful I still have hubby to share it with!



3 comments:

Comments brighten my day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...