Wednesday, September 20, 2023

The New Cover Dilemma

There reaches a point where it's time to refresh the covers of an existing book or series. I have a billionaire series that still sells well, and I was chatting earlier in the year about it since she was also thinking to make a change with her series.

While both our series are "clean" reads, both are too serious to count as romcoms (though they do have some funny parts). That ruled out the vector covers. I'm not really a fan of them anyway, so it didn't bother me.

There's a bit of a trend going with covers with flowers on the covers, both in general romance and in billionaire romances, so we decided to give it a try. That was earlier in the year. Since I was doing a promo on the series when my new covers came out, I couldn't tell it they made a difference, but my friend's series did get a bit of a boost. But nothing grand for either of us.

So, I decided to post the question to my newsletter peeps. Seventy-five percent of them preferred the covers with men rather than the floral ones. That made it easy. Except I still wanted to refresh them. 


Here's hoping these versions do the job. Now I'm off trying to figure out what the Zon has done to categories. The one constant is change, right?


10 comments:

  1. No doubt what series they belong to - they do all fit together well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love them! Very eye catching and recognizable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Men on the covers do make them look hotter LOL and thus more attractive to that type of the audience, but it is also true that they make them look like cheaper type of books, weekend romances. So it all depends on what of those two things you prefer. I personally prefer richer looking books, but at the end of the day they should look like what is inside.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah. That's an interesting take and something to consider.

      Delete
  4. Great covers. I agree with Alex that they fit together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Apparently now these covers work better than the naked chest ones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Naked chests tell the reader that the content is steamy which my books are not. So it's important the outside matches the inside, like Dezzy mentioned.

      Delete

Comments brighten my day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...