Wednesday, November 2, 2022

IWSG - November 2022

  

Purpose: To share and encourage. Writers can express doubts and concerns without fear of appearing foolish or weak. Those who have been through the fire can offer assistance and guidance. It’s a safe haven for insecure writers of all kinds!
Co-hosts for the November 2nd are

Question: November is National Novel Writing Month. Have you ever participated? If not, why not?

NaNoWriMo and I are old friends. I've done it many times and won most of them. The fastest I ever beat it was in 11 days. That was using dictation, and I didn't go back to do any editing for a while. That was a big mistake. lol

Since I'm a discovery writer, I prefer the freedom of NaNo to just tell myself the story and get it out there. Yes, it means editing is messy, but this is how I have to do it--turn off that internal editor and just write. This is why, for me, editing is when the real writing happens.

This year, however, I have a deadline to finished editing a Christmas book, so no new words for me. I'll be doing a personal NaNoEdMo (though I understand that group does theirs in March if they're still around).

What about you? Done it before? If so, did you like it?

12 comments:

  1. NaNo forces me to get the story down, which is the toughest part for me. Editing is much more enjoyable.
    Hope you get all of your edits done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've done NaNo a couple of times and it was an interesting experience. The thing is I haven't gone back and really reworked/edited the finished messes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder if there's a treasure in there somewhere. :D

      Delete
  3. I can't believe you completed NaNo in 11 days once. Good luck with your project.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oo, best of luck with getting Christmas book done and ready!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I stopped trying because I was always failing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh a Christmas book, sounds delightful!

    ReplyDelete

Comments brighten my day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...