Wednesday, August 5, 2026

IWSG - August 2026

  

Purpose: To share and encourage. Writers can express doubts and concerns without fear of appearing foolish or weak. Those who have been through the fire can offer assistance and guidance. It’s a safe haven for insecure writers of all kinds!
The awesome co-hosts for the Aug 5th posting of the IWSG are

Optional Question: As a writer/author what is something you regret? Or something that you wish you'd done differently in your writing process?

You mean that time I uploaded the wrong book's interior on Amazon because I was rushing as the preorder deadline quickly approached? And I didn't know until a reader contacted me?

Then when I asked Zon to notify people that the problem had been corrected, the Amazon support person told me they would only sent that notification for "catastrophic failure." I challenged them back and asked how the wrong book inside wasn't a catastrophic event.

They sent the notification, but the reader reported that it still took a week for the change to appear in her kindle.



10 comments:

  1. Now that is a big goof! And sad they would take so long to fix it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? But it's sure made me extra careful since! lol

      Delete
  2. Oh man! That's a story. I'm laughing about it but I'm betting it was the ultimate nightmare and SO stressful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry about your mistake. But we all have big goof-ups, especially when we're busy. I'm sorry it was so stressful to fix.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I'm so sorry that happened! It seems like most authors have some hiccups when they are publishing, but it's not fun when it happens to you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yikes! I'm betting that's a one-time mistake after how hard the fix was.

    ReplyDelete

Comments brighten my day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...