Wednesday, April 3, 2024

IWSG - April 2023

  

Purpose: To share and encourage. Writers can express doubts and concerns without fear of appearing foolish or weak. Those who have been through the fire can offer assistance and guidance. It’s a safe haven for insecure writers of all kinds!
Co-hosts for the April 3rd are

QuestionHow long have you been blogging? (Or on Facebook/Twitter/Instagram?) What do you like about it and how has it changed?

I've been blogging since about 2011, I think, back when it was a thing. I met some fabulous people during its heyday, and it's been sad to see so many people drop out of it.

I get it. It can be a huge time suck if you visit and comment on a huge number of blogs every day. But the connections were lovely.

15 comments:

  1. Blogging is definitely dead. Vlogging is in it seems. I wonder if our blogs will survive another ten years in this time and day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good question, Dezzy. I wish I had an answer.

      Delete
  2. The connections are still good with those of us still blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been blogging since 2011 too. I agree with Alex that the connections are still good for me with other writers and book review bloggers because I've kept blogging. I don't read as many blogs anymore though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is a time sucker. I've been debating on where I stand.
    ---
    PS: My blog post have moved to https://iamhrsinclair.com/blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck deciding! And thanks for the heads up.

      Delete
  5. Hi, Donna! I still enjoy blogging, but certainly not daily. I keep coming back because of all the wonderful friends I've made. Have a happy April!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Agreed that less people blog. I tend to think the ones that do have more staying power. It's a long term investment, not just "click and like" entertainment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good comparison. You really do get more insight into people through blogs.

      Delete
  7. I started about the same time. The connections I made through blogging felt more genuine. I also hate seeing people leave it behind.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah. Started in 2011 too with the cat. The connections were always the great thing about it back then.

    ReplyDelete

Comments brighten my day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...