- Got to see How to Train Your Dragon 2.
- Went to the Utah Arts Festival. Pretty cool stuff there, especially the aerialists.
- Went to the rodeo. Haven't done that in a bazillion years. It rained on us.
- Went to a baseball game on July 3rd and got a great fireworks show. Scared the crap out of my grandson because we were so close. It had sprinkled on us earlier but it stopped before the fireworks.
- Had a BBQ and fireworks for the 4th.
- Saw a theater-in-the-round presentation of Man of La Mancha.
- Introduced the grandkids (who live in China) to movies like E.T., Shanghai Noon, and Secondhand Lions.
- They did other fun stuff like mountain hikes, sleepovers with old family friends, confidence course, and a visit to one of those bouncy places.
* * * * * * * * * *Reading
I got some reading done. Here are the books I've read so far this year:
I actually listened to another book that Goodreads wouldn't let me list since I'd already read it once before and reviewed it. That was Brandon Sanderson's The Way of Kings. And it was a behemoth. But I read it in advance of the second book that came out in January.
* * * * * * * * * *Pen Name?
The timing was good for this visit because I'd run into a roadblock with my next project and wasn't sure what to do. After talking about it with some writerly friends, I decided to go back to another project I wrote a couple of years ago and needed to be edited. This is very different than my previous books because it's YA and a fantasy. Good decision to shift to it! It's been a great break, and I'm excited to get to work on it when the vacation is over.
Question, though. I'm wondering if I should use a pen name for this YA fantasy series. Would people who like my contemporary adventure romances be put off by this change in age group and genre?
What do you think?