- Received my rights back for A Change of Plans.
- Since this is a series with at least three companion novels, it now has a name: Safe Harbors.
- Updated the cover (see it on the right).
- Formatted the digital versions of the second edition, including a sneak peek of the second book, Torn Canvas. This books stars Jori from A Change of Plans.
- Worked with my former publisher to get the paper copy formatted. The interior looks wonderful--very similar to the original even though I've had to use a different printer. Just waiting on a couple of tweaks to the cover and the paper copies should be available.
- Signed up my editor for Torn Canvas--the awesome Katharina Brendel who was the lead editor on A Change of Plans.
- Had initial discussions with my cover designer, Melissa Williams (aka author Michelle D. Argyle) for the cover of Torn Canvas. Michelle/Melissa also did the A Change of Plans cover.
- Set a month for the release of Torn Canvas--January 2014.
- Furiously working on a major rewrite of Torn Canvas after preliminary input.
- I'm part of the Ripples Effect Romance series coming out in March. So excited to work with the authors in this linked series.
That 18-day Hawaiian cruise in later January
is looking awful good right now.
Another major thing I'm involved with is Dauntless. I think I've mentioned it, but here's a bit more about us. I think it's best described by fellow Dauntless Author, Amber Argyle:
I've joined forces with an eclectic mix of everything from bestselling to debut authors to create a collaborative called Dauntless. We are fearless authors dedicated to our craft and our success in the publishing world. Our goal is to be each other's marketing team and support system.
For readers, Dauntless means going to one place to keep up-to-date on all our books. It means coupons and freebies. It means interacting with some of your favorite authors. It means weekly posts on book related topics.
For writers, Dauntless means weekly posts on the craft and marketing side of writing. It means networking and establishing relationships.
And it's all in good fun.
Grab our button, post it on your page:
Like us on Facebook and Twitter Follow our blog. Join us on Pinterest
Some of our members include: Elle Strauss, Konstanz Silverbow, Cindy M Hogan, Donna K. Weaver, Megg Jensen, Angela Corbett, Amber L Argyle, Nancy Thompson, Katie, G.P. Ching, Sawyer Bennett, David P. King, ali cross, Cameron Jace, Wendy Knight, Jolene Perry, RaShelle Workman, Donna Hosie, Stephanie Fowers, and Lani Woodland
Pretty cool, huh?
Now I'm going back to my hole and work on those edits.