Friday, December 16, 2011

A Query Critque and the Deja Vu Blogfest

I suggest that you stop over at Matt's place at The Quintessentially Questionable Query Experiment.
He's critiquing my query today.


Click here to check out the other participants.
 Today I'm participating in the Deja Vu Blogfest. It's where participants are supposed to look back over our previous posts and repost one of our favorites. It could be one that was particularly brilliant or that got missed because of others things going on. 
Or, in this case, it could be one that might make you smile. It's been a hard week for me, and I needed a laugh on this Friday.

So here is my Nonsense Post from August 8, 2011

I got tagged by the lovely Nancy S. Thompson for this meme. I debated whether or not to take it up, and decided there was some potential for humor here. You can decide if I succeeded or not.

1. What do you call your drawers?
Drawers
Do you have any commonly used nicknames for them?
I think that is the nickname.
source
2. Have you ever had that supposedly common dream of being in a crowded place in only your bloomers?
No, but as a child I would sometimes dream
I had absolutely nothing on. 
However, in the typical way of childhood, that didn't trouble me. 
Now? At my age it's best to cover up as much as possible.
source

3. What is the worst thing you can think of to make long johns out of?
Wool. Absolutely wool. It would itch like crazy.

4. If you were a pair of small clothes, what color would you be, and WHY?
Green. Definitely green. It's my favorite color. 
But I must admit these pirate long johns are quite stylish.
source

5. Have you ever thrown your bloomers at a rock star or other celebrity? If so, which one(s)? If not, which one(s) WOULD you throw your bloomers at, given the opportunity?
Please! Such a waste of fabric! It costs so much to sew anymore. 
To say nothing about being vulgar and unrefined.
source

6. You’re out of clean drawers. What do you do?
Um, wash them. Duh!
source

7. Are you old enough to remember Underoos? If so, did you have any? Which ones?
Ah, yes, Underoos. My older children wore them.
source

8. If you could have any message printed on your long johns, what would it be?
These days, the options are endless. Eve Gaal over at The Desert Rocks and I emailed about this since she got tagged, too, and I like what her brother suggested:
Save Your Soul
Source

9. How many bloggers does it take to put small clothes on a goat?
Zero, since we're in the cybersphere rather than real life.
source
I close with the lyrics that I used for Week 6 of Poetry Summer here
from a song we sang at Girl Scout Camp in the Philippines.

Long Johns
author unknown
sung to the tune of Bye Bye Blackbird (corrected from original post)

I have lost my underwear.
I don't care; I'll go bare.
Bye bye, long johns.

They were very close to me
Tickle me. He he he.
Bye bye, long johns

If you see them you'll know where to find me
With my bare bum stickin' out behind me.

I have lost my underwear.
I don't care; I'll go bare.
Long johns, bye bye.

  Like cyberchocolate that has no fat and no calories, it also has no taste. Just like this meme.
Now I'm supposed to share the wealth, so to speak, and have others give their thoughts about  their unmentionables. 

Hmmm ... who don't I like? 

Just kidding! I won't be the least bit offended if any of you don't take this up.

So, did I make you smile? Or just roll your eyes and shake your head? 

Hey, I titled it Nonsense Post. You were warned.

46 comments:

  1. Hi Donna loved this post, most entertaining had a few laughs along the way. Thanks for sharing.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the Friday chuckle :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great query! :D

    I've never put this much thought into underwear before. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute post! Now, I believe I'll go check out your loverly query.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Saw the query - awesome!

    Laughed out loud - for real. Thanks I needed that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. hahaha wow tons of thoughts on underwear, the cat simply goes bare..haha

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's cute. I agree that wool would be the worst underwear EVER!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Noooooooo, not the panty meme again. I thought this thing was gone for good. Ah, well, it's still funny the second time. Let's just hope it doesn't start spreading like a virus again.

    Have a great weekend, Donna. And good for you for sending that query to Matt!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey, I remember this!

    Stopped by Matt's for a comment. Nice job, I hope you're happy with the results!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so glad you reposted this. It's hilarious :) I'm off to check out Matt's blog. Have a Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loved the post... loved the query critique.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm sorry - I'm just visiting but I HAVE to leave this.

    The Underwear Song (sung to the tune of...well, you'll know.)

    God bless my underwear
    My only pair
    They are rotten
    And all cotton
    But they're mine so I treat them with care

    From the laundry to the washer to the dryer to my rear
    God bless my underwear
    My only pair
    God bless my underwear
    Or I'll go bare.

    ReplyDelete
  13. i remember this one =)
    still funny the second time!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The goat wearing clothes is a crazy pic. It made me smile. Yep, it doesn't take much...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hilarious! And I agree - wool is so itchy. I can't imagine the suffering that would come from wearing woolen long johns! Lovely to "meet" you and learn more about you :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. The EVIL panty meme has been tamed! Way to talk around that one ;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've never seen this meme before. good choice

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi,

    Pants have it... Great Deja Vu! An amusing end of week peek in the underwear department... ;)

    best
    F

    ReplyDelete
  19. This was a fun meme! It's a great one to repost.

    Thanks so much for joining the Blogfest!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I can't believe they didn't ask, "Tighty-whitey or Briefs?" :)

    There can never be too much humor! Thanks for taking part in the blogfest and helping to make today special. :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow, a whole blogpost about unmentionables! Love it!

    I hope you got the information you needed to spiff up your query without too much fingernail biting! I noticed most people had good things to say!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Just thinking about wool underwear makes me itch! Visiting from the Deja Vu Blogfest. Nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I loved all the pictures you chose. Such a cute post! I cover up as much as possible now, too.

    Best of luck on your query experiment!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Ah, the infamous panty meme! This was so much fun back in the summer. :) Great choice for the blogfest - laughing is good for the soul!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Yes, enjoyed the underoos reference (was that the "underwear that's FUN to wear"?). What a fun re-post! Nice to find you!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Great re-post, and nice to meet you, Donna! When I was a child, I would have given anything for a pair of Wonder Woman Underoos. This is probably not something I should admit ...

    ReplyDelete
  27. Underoos really didn't look fun to wear. And wool is the worst. I don't even do nylon sweaters - wool ones would make me come unglued.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I am embroidering Save Your Soul on my drawers as I type this. Funny post!

    ReplyDelete
  29. This is a delightful post Donna! What a giggle! Love it. The puppy pic reminds me of my little toy dog who sulks if I put her in fur and bling!

    Thanks for following my blog. I've followed yours too!

    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  30. So cute! Haven't thought of that song in years!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Thank you for this fun post! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  32. I think it's great that you reposted this. And to think, you were so nervous posting the first time around!! It's definitely a classic, Donna!

    ReplyDelete
  33. you definitely made me smile:) And I HATE when you buy underwear that doesn't work/fit proper. However, I will toss them cuz I just can't deal with ill-fitting panties.

    ReplyDelete
  34. A lot of underwear questions, weren't there?

    ReplyDelete
  35. Ah, yes. I remember this meme doing the rounds. Very funny.

    ReplyDelete
  36. I've never seen this underwear meme before! Quite hilarious!
    ...have to confess that "underoos" is alien to me...

    ReplyDelete
  37. I did this one a few months ago. I had C3PO and WOnder Woman underoos. :) I miss them dearly.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Funny stuff. This underwear meme brought a smile to my face.

    ReplyDelete
  39. That made me smile Donna, thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Hilarious! What a great post about underwear! *snort* And yes. Wool undergarments. Can you imagine??? I guess back then it was all about staying warm. I do remember, and I did NOT have Underoos. I'm still very bitter about it. ;p

    ReplyDelete
  41. I think I smiled, rolled my eyes, shook my head, and then smiled again.

    Glad these drawers got to see the light of day... twice.

    ReplyDelete
  42. Sometimes we need a little nonsense. That was fun. Thanks for checking out my blog during the blogfest last month!

    ReplyDelete

Comments brighten my day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...