I'm going to the iWriteNetwork Workshop on January 21st.
Anybody else coming?
It's that time of year to first look back and then ahead.
resolution - A firm decision to do or not to do something
goal - The result or achievement toward which effort is directed; aim; end.
I know a lot of people hate the idea of New Years resolutions. I don't have a problem with them. I'm a goal-setting person and a list checker offer. I love the list I made for myself for the last part of December and the feeling of focus and accomplishment I felt as I've been marking things off.
I'm also realistic. No way will I always be able to achieve the goals I set. But if I don't strive for something--and keep a reminder of it in front of me--I'm guaranteed to do nothing.
Um . . . the following year on New Year's Day I opened that journal again for the first first time in a year and saw those goals again.
Whether I call them resolutions or goals, these are mine for 2012:
- Query A Change of Plans
- Make changes suggested by editor
- Go to Kaua'i for 10 days in January -- I know, this is a tough one, but I gotta visit the grandkids! *sigh* It's such a terrible sacrifice. NOT!
- Finalize the cover for A Change of Plans in case I self-publish
- In February attend Life, the Universe, and Everything (LTUE)
- In March go back to Kaua'i for grandson's baptism
- In May attend Storymaker
- Finish my 2011 NaNo project in time to give the published book to my granddaughter for her birthday in July (she's the main character).
- Work through issues with my SciFi project, including doing a simple outline for turning it into a trilogy
- Attend League of Utah Writers Roundup
- Get a basic outline for my 2012 NaNo project (sequel to A Change of Plans)
- Attend the Authors Incognito retreat for NaNo
- Be glad it's not an election year . . . for me.