Book Giveaway Reminder
It's not too late to get in on my giveaway of two copies of
Click here for details.
A Day of Thanks
It's been a tough three years. As we prepare to celebrate Thanksgiving this week I'd like to take a minute and express my gratitude. My list is hardly all encompassing, but these are a few things I'm thankful for.
- Being married (28 years in January) to a wonderful man. When one of my betas told me the epilogue in my adventure romance showed the love interests still too into each other, I had to smile. I hadn't realized I'd based some of my my hero's more romantic characteristics after my hubby.
- Six amazing children. Being a mother changed and enriched my life in ways I could not understand until I'd experienced it. There's truth in the trite little saying that motherhood has a way of proving that your heart really can beat outside of your body. For all the anguish these smart and talented individuals gave us while they were growing up, all I can say is: what a ride. And we did it together.
- Seven (soon to be eight in December) grandchildren. Oh. My. Heck. Why didn't someone tell me how dang much fun being a grandmother would be? I'd have skipped the parent thing and gone right to Nana right away! All the fun with only a little of the responsibility!
- When so many people don't have a job, I do. I'll never be rich working for municipal government but I work with wonderful people, and I like to think what I do makes a difference.
- Belief in something bigger than myself.
Do you have any "attitude of gratitude" traditions in your family?