Wednesday, October 19, 2011

"Variant" by Robison Wells

I'm not posting today. Just in case you're confused because it's not Friday.

But I just finished listening to Robison Well's book Variant. Oh, my freakin' heck! I LOVED it! Kept me right on the edge of my chair all the way through. Crisp writing, lots of action, but it really got me into the characters, which is a big deal to me.

From amazon:

Benson Fisher thought that a scholarship to Maxfield Academy would be the ticket out of his dead-end life.
He was wrong. 
Now he’s trapped in a school that’s surrounded by a razor-wire fence. A school where video cameras monitor his every move. Where there are no adults. Where the kids have split into groups in order to survive. 
Where breaking the rules equals death. 
But when Benson stumbles upon the school’s real secret, he realizes that playing by the rules could spell a fate worse than death, and that escape—his only real hope for survival—may be impossible.

You so have to check out this book.

I'm just sayin'!

13 comments:

  1. Totally agree with you. A really fun read!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe I can check that one off my list of potential schools!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard great things about this. And I love audio books. Hope I can find it at the library.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - sounds like a good one and intense! I bet that was fun listening to.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I keep hearing the best stuff about this book. I am trying to win it on David Powers King current giveaway, but if I'm not the lucky winner then I'm going to buy it! Thanks for the review! So glad you shared.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I'm going to do a giveaway. I bought the book, but I have so little time to sit down and "read" a book, I tend to get audiobooks, too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the review! Robison and I share an agent, and I LOVE the books by his brother Dan Wells! So I was going to check this out after I clear my plate of manuscripts I'm critiquing.

    Now I'll make it a priority!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, that does sound good. It sounds a little bit like Gone by Michael Grant, but only a tiny bit since that one's YA SF.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh, I've been looking for a good book to listen to on audio. I've never tried it before. The premise of this one sounds really suspenseful, which I like. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Variant is awesome! I can't wait for the sequel!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I believe I have this title on my TBR list. I've heard only wonderful praise for it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have been wanting to read this book. So great to hear so many wonderful things about it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I got about halfway through the Amazon blurb and I thought, 'Sounds like "Lord of the Flies" meets "Oz."'

    It sounds even more interesting than that.

    ReplyDelete

Comments brighten my day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...