Friday, April 8, 2011

Blogging Challenge - G(alway)

As I've mentioned on a few of my posts, I'm in Ireland this week, Galway specifically. Bigger details are available on my personal blog here. So, my topic today is going to be Galway. It's a pretty community right on the ocean. And windy. Everyone told me to expect rain (duh, if any place is noted for being green it's because it rains a lot--unless they use that new astroturf--seriously, I wish I could convince my husband to replace our lawn with the stuff), but no one mentioned the wind. Holy cow!

Anyway.

The Irish like colorful buildings.

Galway has the amazing St. Nicholas Cathedral. It's filled with beautiful mosaics, stained-glass windows, wall statuary, and woodwork. It seats a LOT of people.





I had my first hot cross buns here.

2 comments:

Comments brighten my day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...