1. Who was St. Patrick?
The patron saint of Ireland.
2. What did he do to become associated with Ireland?
Brought Christianity to Ireland & was supposed to have driven the snakes from the island.
3. What is the language in the expression "Erin go bragh"?
4. What does the expression mean?
5. Who was Molly Malone and what was her profession?
A pretty Irish girl who sold fish.
6. What city did she work in?
7. What is another name for the "little people"?
8. What happens if you catch one?
You'll have good luck.
9. What is at the end of the rainbow?
A pot of gold.
10. What is the Blarney stone supposed to give?
The gift of flattery/ability to speak well.
11. What must you do to it to receive it?
Kiss it (the Blarney Stone).
12. Why are there so many rock walls in Ireland?
They had to put them somewhere in order to farm. (According to John Wayne in "The Quiet Man.")
13. Who directed “The Quiet Man” in 1952?
14. According to the Irish, what should one do at a wake?
Sing a song.
15. What color must you never wear on St. Patrick's Day?
16. What is Ireland’s official color?
Blue—for the color of the field in the Irish coat of arms.
17. What is the capitol of Ireland?
18. What is the predominant religion in Ireland?
19. What disaster in Ireland resulted in so many Irish emigrating to America?
20. What food did the English purchase from America to help feed the starving Irish?
21. "You can search everywhere, but none can compare to my ----, ----- ----."
Wild, Irish rose.
22. What is the Irish name for a clover leaf?
23. Is the potato native to Ireland?.
No. It was originally brought to Ireland from the American Continent.
24. What percentage of U.S. presidents have had Irish ancestors?
25. Is Ireland the only place Gaelic is spoken?
No. It is also spoken on the Isle of Man and in Scotland.
26. Where was Michael Flatley (of Lord of the Dance & Riverdance fame), Irish dancing superstar, born?
Why did St. Patrick drive the snakes from Ireland?
Because they couldn't fly.
What is green and stays out all night?
Patio furniture (Paddy O'Furniture)
Why can't you borrow money from a leprechaun?
Because they're always so short.
Why did God invent whiskey?
So the Irish would never rule the world.
How many Irishmen does it take to change a light bulb?
Five--one to change the bulb and four to remark about how grand the old bulb was.