And speaking about Valentines Day and romance and young adults, it made me think about some of my favorite and not-so-favorite literary couples.
I'll start with the less happy couples
- Andrew "Ender" Wiggins and Novinha (I absolutely loath this toxic relationship. Ender deserved so much better) from Speaker for the Dead, Xenocide, and Children of the Mind.
- Catherine and Heathcliff from Wuthering Heights
- Jacob and Renesme from Breaking Dawn (sorry, but that's just creepy even if it's innocent)
- Jane and Rochester in Jane Eyre
- Anne and Gilbert in Anne of Green Gables
- Lucy and Nicholas in Moonrakers Bride