Friday, December 10, 2010

Procrastination

From this post
I've never been a procrastinator, but as I'm delving into this writing thing, I'm seeing another side to my character. I will anticipate all day the time I can finally get home from work and write, but then as I actually sit down at my computer I almost feel as though I've been bespelled. Think about the protections at Hogwarts where muggles who wander into the area by the wizarding school find themselves suddenly distracted.

Hmmm. Is Peeves on vacation and visiting the U.S.?

I don't get it.

I don't like it. Is there something my subconscious is trying to tell me?

But I will persevere. I overcame my greatest distraction by finishing The Towers of Midnight last night (328,000 words). We're two weeks into NaNoWriMo, and I've got fewer than a 1,500 words ... and an outline.

Haha. Perhaps I should have done what I've read others do in November and do a personal NaNoReaMo and set a goal to read a certain number of books during the month. Maybe then I'd actually be able to WRITE, since I set a goal to read.

There's something wrong with this picture.

*beats head on desk*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments brighten my day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...