Wednesday, June 5, 2024

IWSG - June 2024

  

Purpose: To share and encourage. Writers can express doubts and concerns without fear of appearing foolish or weak. Those who have been through the fire can offer assistance and guidance. It’s a safe haven for insecure writers of all kinds!
Cohosts for the June 5 posting of the IWSG are Liza at Middle Passages,

QuestionIn this constantly evolving industry, what kind of offering/service do you think the IWSG should consider offering to members?

Wow. I am kind of a fringe member anyway, so I'm not sure. 

I do love the anthologies you all put out since it can offer writers wishing for a chance to see their work in print without simply publishing it themselves. It also provides readers with a chance to sample the writing of new authors. That's how I discovered Anne McCaffrey a bazillion years, through an anthology of Hugo winners.

What about you?


14 comments:

  1. I wish we could keep doing anthologies but they became a bit overwhelming and brought on other issues.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get that. When I was part of the IWriteNetwork, we did them too but had to stop.

      Delete
  2. You're not a fringe member. You post as much as everyone does. I like your idea of the anthologies but it sounds like they've had issues doing them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was a fringe member for a long time. I finally jumped in, but had no ideas for this month's question.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think of you as a fringe member, Donna! I also wish the anthologies would return, but I understand why they were ended. Have a happy and creative June!

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you post, you're a full-on member! I didn't have any good ideas of my own, but I'm seeing some good the suggestions as I visit around.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? That's something I love about this group!

      Delete
  6. How do they split the monies from them anthologies? LOL

    ReplyDelete

Comments brighten my day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...