Wednesday, November 1, 2023

IWSG - November 2023


Purpose: To share and encourage. Writers can express doubts and concerns without fear of appearing foolish or weak. Those who have been through the fire can offer assistance and guidance. It’s a safe haven for insecure writers of all kinds!

Optional Question: November 1 question: November is National Novel Writing Month. Have you ever participated? If not, why not?

And the answer is yes! I actually really enjoy the process of turning off my internal editor and simply spewing out the story to myself without worrying about making it all pretty. I've won some and I've lost others.

The fastest I've ever beat it was in 11 days. I dictated that one but didn't get back to it for a year. DON'T ever do it that way. It was truly a mess, but by the time I whipped that baby into shape, I was very happy with it.

What about you? Is NaNo your thing?


12 comments:

  1. I could probably dictate faster. Takes me four to five hours to make the daily word count. But I have won before. That you did it in eleven days is amazing. One of my partners did it in five. Yeah, five...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have an author friend who did too. Blows my mind!

      Delete
  2. WOW! Even even with dictation that a lot of work. NaNo is not my thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some people get so many words every day. My brain just doesn't work that fast, I guess. lol

      Delete
  3. I'd have a hard time dictating a manuscript. Glad that NaNo is something you enjoy. I'd be too stressed out about meeting the word counts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You sound so excited by it, it makes me want to try it out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's liberating--but only if you can turn of your internal editor.

      Delete

Comments brighten my day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...