Wednesday, September 6, 2023

IWSG September 2023


Purpose: To share and encourage. Writers can express doubts and concerns without fear of appearing foolish or weak. Those who have been through the fire can offer assistance and guidance. It’s a safe haven for insecure writers of all kinds!
Co-hosts for the September 6th are

QuestionThe IWSG celebrates 12 years today! When did you discover the IWSG, how do you connect, and how has it helped you? 

Wow. Twelve years! It's crazy how fast the time has flown.

I found IWSG because I followed Alex. Back in those days, blogs were really hot, and it was easy to spend hours every day visiting fellow authors. I don't miss the time suck, but I do miss the connections I made. I've only managed to hang onto a few.

As for how IWSG has helped me, it's all about misery loves company. lol At least in part. It's nice to know, when I'm wallowing in my insecurities, that I'm not alone.

But even more important to me is how it gives me an opportunity to step outside of myself to offer encouragement and support to others. And this wonderful community does the same for me.

The following is a video about the creative process by Ira Glass that I found twelve years ago on a blog. It seems fitting to share it again as it still applies.

Happy 12th Birthday IWSG


14 comments:

  1. The IWSG is an opportunity to both give and receive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember its beginnings back in the days of old Blogger. Haven't seen anyone new blog since then LOL We are dinosaurs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And yet they say blogging is coming back. But as things always do, they come back differently.

      Delete
  3. It's great not to feel all alone in our insecurities. The IWSG is a great resource and supportive group. Glad we met through it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so agree with what you said about this hop giving us a chance out get out of our own heads about our issues and offer support and encouragement to other writers. A kind word can go such a long way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yup, I miss the connection too, but try to keep up. But I do not miss the time suck either!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm with you, Donna! I miss the connection as well. If only we could have kept that while changing out hours of socializing to the work we do. I love the Ira Glass video. Here's to those of us who didn't quit!

    ReplyDelete

Comments brighten my day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...