Wednesday, September 7, 2022

IWSG - September 2022

 




QuestionWhat genre would be the worst one for you to tackle and why?

There are actually a couple I struggle with--horror and erotic. I'm not into super bloody or steamy stories. I don't like how they make me feel. As a writer, you really have to get into your characters and what's they're doing or is happening to them. That kind of immersion would have me running screaming from the room. Call me a coward, and I'll embrace the label. lol

I also can't do straight out mysteries. I've tried, and I'm not clever enough. :(

What genres do you shy away from--and why?


10 comments:

  1. I totally understand. And oh yeah, mysteries are hard. I'd love to do one, but I don't know if I could.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've studied up on mysteries. They're complicated. lol

      Delete
  2. I understand also. You have to have passion about the subject matter. Happy IWSG day, Donna.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's interesting. I have a complicated relationship with Horror myself. It isn't that I can't writ it, but I only seem to be able to write horror short stories. I think it's because I can't maintain a single feeling for too terribly long before it starts to feel boring.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate translating those two genres myself LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with you on those genres. I don't think I could write romance either.

    ReplyDelete

Comments brighten my day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...