Monday, April 25, 2022

Author Health

 Too funny. 

Or not.

But I've developed pain in my left shoulder. Now, my hubby is a massage therapist, and he's been working on it, but it's been getting worse. I recently noticed how much I tend to lean to the left when I'm sitting.

Posture is everything when you spend a lot of time sitting at a desk, whether it's in a traditional office or in an author cave. Before I retired, my office chair (I have one just like it at home) didn't have arms just for this reason. I'd never taken the arms off my home chair.

So, this past weekend I had hubby help be remove them.

For Pete's sake! You don't realize how much you use the arms until they're not there. And suddenly flailing when you lean into to air. 

lol I haven't actually fallen sideways from my desk chair, but it was rather telling how many times I had to catch myself!

Hopefully, my shoulder will start feeling better soon.



9 comments:

  1. Sorry about your shoulder. My chair definitely has its armrests. I hate to fall out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope your shoulder feels better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also have pain in my left arm when sitting at the desk and it is extremely annoying. So you think if we remove the armrest it will get better?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If the leaning is contributing to it, I would say yes. You can always give it a try and see if it helps. 

      Delete
  4. I do that in the car while traveling. I press my elbow into the armrest and my whole arm will hurt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I forgot to add- I hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Leaning on my left elbow led to tingling in the tips of the pinkie and ring finger on my left hand due to nerve compression. I try to be very conscious and not do that, but it's sort of a "go to" position when I'm at my desk and thinking about what comes next. Proper posture, decent chairs and having everything at the proper height go a long way toward comfort. It's amazing how tiring sitting in a chair can be, especially when your keyboard's just a little too high or a little too low, or the chair's just a little bit wobbly, etc. Hopefully your shoulder pain will go away quickly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so important. I found that out when I started having problems at work.

      Delete

Comments brighten my day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...