Monday, March 8, 2021

Who Knows What's Coming?

In nine days, I'll receive my second covid vaccine. We've made reservations for later in May to visit family members living in Hawaii, after having to eat our tickets last February.


I'm finding myself weary at the moment with this whole writing gig. It's truly a love/hate relationship. 

I love creating stories and worlds with interesting people doing fun things. It's a pleasure to dig deep into my characters' minds and personalities. I've learned so much through the research, and I love learning new things. 

There's one bit I don't enjoy. The part where I feel like I'm trying to please everyone. It's dragging me down and sucking the joy out of the creating. What's especially sad is that I just came out of another session of this downer mentality a week ago.

Haha I guess it could be worse. 



11 comments:

  1. Good, go and enjoy! Most restrictions should be gone by then as well.
    Sorry the creativity isn't fun. Maybe just try pleasing yourself with the next piece you write.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great that you'll be fully vaccinated. I hope you find the right balance in your writing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good way to describe it: balance in writing.

      Delete
  3. Pick a favorite movie and try framing yourself in another timeline when writing up the characters in the plot which can change. I fiound this amusing, kinda took me out of my rut. Hope this helps Weaver

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had to step back from the task of writing and remember why I started writing in the first place. I was so focused on the selling that I forgot it's the stories that I truly love.

    Enjoy your trip to Hawaii. Maybe you'll come home refreshed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hopefully the trip will be a go this year. If you try to please everyone you already failed from the get go. Can't please em all, so just please you and keep going.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy for you that soon you will be able to visit family. You must be thrilled. As for getting tired of the whole writing thing, it's probably worth taking a break and doing something else for a while, Periodically I do that and it always refreshes my enthusiasm.

    ReplyDelete

Comments brighten my day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...